The Cologne Center for eHumanities (CCeH) at the University of Cologne (Germany) is offering a position for a
Digital Humanist / Software Developer
(3 years, TV-L 13, full-time with part-time option, starting 1 January 2015)
Collaboration on different projects; among others an international EU-funded project aiming at providing access to archival material for academics and the public:
– implementation of open-source Web 2.0 features and tools
– usability of technical tools in the environment of digital archival material
– crowdsourcing tools for indexing and transcription on the basis of a web-based XML WYSIWYM
– gamification features
– development / enhancement / implementation of tools for image cropping, text image linking, image annotation (supported by tagging taxonomies, vocabularies and folksonomies)
– information enrichment (e.g. named entities) with authority files,
– x-technologies (XML, XSLT, XQuery, XML-DB)
– software development experience
– experience in distributed collaboration using git and issue tracking software
– dissemination & communication skills
– additional programming languages (e.g. Java/C++, Ruby, Python, PHP)
– data and metadata standards in the Digital Humanities (CEI/TEI, EAD)
– digitization of cultural heritage objects (artifacts / images / texts)
– understanding humanities concepts and finding ways to realize them as technical solutions
A working knowledge / understanding of German should be acquired within 1 year.
Application Deadline: 17 November 2014
Applications should include a brief cover letter and a CV and may include links to projects. Applications must be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information or in case of queries contact Dr. Patrick Sahle at email@example.com.